Shed fire possibly started in chimney
Thursday, December 12, 2013 8:20 AM
The Decorah Fire Department was called to a possible fire in a building at the Jim and Tracey Sutton residence, 1167 Ferris Mill Road, Wednesday at about 2:40 p.m.
The Suttons had the fire under control by the time the firefighters arrived, according to a department press release.
The fire appeared to have started in the area of a chimney pipe in the attic of a shed. The owners were in the shed at the time the fire was discovered and were able to quickly extinguish it.
Decorah Fire Department personnel checked the attic and wall for possible fire extension. The burned area was overhauled and no additional fire was found.
No damage amount was available. The Decorah Fire Department was assisted by the Winneshiek County Sheriff's Department. Firefighters were on the scene until about 4:10 p.m. No injuries were reported.