Drug Drop Off Day in Decorah Saturday
Thursday, April 24, 2014 9:58 AM
The public is invited to bring any unused medications to one of two sites in Winneshiek County: Thrifty White Pharmacy or the Walmart parking lot.
The purpose of the event is to keep medications out of the hands of people who may misuse or abuse them, especially youth.
The Northeast Iowa Task Force encourages the public to adhere to the following guidelines regarding the disposal of medications:
• Keep all substances in their original containers, if possible
• All liquid containers must be sealed in leak-proof, clear plastic bags
• Mark out any identifying information on prescription bottles
• Unidentified medications will be accepted – no questions asked
Each site will accept:
• Prescriptions and over-the-counter medications including vitamins, supplements and herbals
• Needles, sharps, syringes with needles in puncture-proof containers
• Thermometers in zip-lock or plastic bags
• Aerosols or pressurized containers.
For more information, visit DEA.gov.
Our app is now available!